Welcome to Global Carbon Council
The Global Carbon Council (GCC) is a voluntary carbon offsetting program that aims to assist the organisations reduce their carbon footprints, help sectoral economy to diversify by adopting low-carbon pathways and catalyze climate actions on ground. GCC aims to achieve this by:
- Support the organisations in implementing GHG reduction projects and measures;
- Develop stringent but simplified standards for the emission reduction calculations and monitoring of GHG reduction projects and measures implemented by the organisations in the region;
- Establish market system between GHG reduction project owners who wish to sell the carbon offsets and project supporters who provide carbon finance to project owners;
- Establish transparent and simple certification processes in accordance with international protocol for operationalization of carbon offsetting program that can deliver the highly credible, cost effective and sustainable carbon offsets to the organisations; and
- Communicate organizational and regional climate actions to the world in a positive context, by creating compendium of climate actions.
GCC’s documentation framework facilitates businesses to submit their GHG emission reduction projects to GCC following the rules, procedures and standards of the framework. GCC ensures the approval of the project activity through an independent, transparent and objective process of evaluation. GCC issues the emission reduction units (termed as “Approved Carbon Credits” or “ACCs”) that the project achieves in a given monitoring period of the project, after ensuring a rigorous monitoring and independent verification is followed according to approved standards.
GCC assists public and private organisations and governments to develop strategies, policies and measures to initiate low-carbon journey by establishing short-term, medium-term and long-term goals on carbon neutrality.
GCC believes that the organisations with skilled and experienced manpower can steer the sustainability and carbon management efforts of their organisations ably. To achieve this GCC offers variety of capacity building workshops and training programmes for the stakeholders at all levels of governments, businesses, industries and societies.